Back to the list

Am I eligible for Right To Acquire (RTA) ?

You may have the Right To Aquire if you:

  • are an assured tenant and have held a tenancy for a three year continuous period

  • live in a property that was built or acquired with public funds from 01 April 1997 onwards

  • live in a property that was transferred from a council to a housing association after 1st February 2000

You do not have the RTA if:

  • the courts have issued a possession order for you to leave your home

  • you are undergoing bankruptcy proceedings

  • you live in housing specially provided for older people or (in certain cases) disabled people

  • you have the Right to Buy

  • your property is located in certain rural parishes

N.B This is not a definite list and other property exclusions may apply

The discount to purchase your home under Right To Acquire is a fixed rate set by the Government which is not related to tenancy years.

  1. Tenancy Services

Chat Live now!