Back to the list
What am I responsible for repairing and maintaining in my home?
- Keeping the inside of your home clean and in good condition
- Keeping gardens and communal areas clean and tidy. This includes maintaining grass, plants and tree branches within the property boundaries so as not to cause a nuisance to other customers
- Undertaking minor repairs
- Avoiding doing anything which may result in blockages to pipes and drains (e.g. disposing of fat, oil, sanitary products, nappies etc. down toilets or in sinks)
- Using fixtures and fittings for the purpose for which they were intended (e.g. not using worktops as chopping boards etc)
- Replacing/repairing toilet seats if broken or damaged
- Replacing or repairing door bells if damaged or broken (unless a door entry system)
- Replacing or repairing shower heads
- Replacing light bulbs (unless in communal areas)
- Taking responsibility for internal and external pest control, including vermin removal (rats or mice in the dwelling), wasp/bees nests and de-infestation.
- Making lifestyle changes necessary to resolve instances of condensation such as not drying washing indoors or leaving extractor fans switched off. Where condensation is the likely cause of any reported dampness, Aspire will advise tenants of the action they need to take to deal with the problem and prevent further incidences
- Repairs and maintenance